Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy /
Photo: © Theresa Schnöll
ERSTE Foundation offers four fellowships for young artists and four fellowships for emerging curators from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic to take part in a course of their choice at the International Summer Academy of Fine Arts in Salzburg 2014.
Every summer more than 300 students from more than 40 countries worldwide work in some 20 classes on art projects at the Salzburg Summer Academy of Fine Arts. The Academy is distinguished by the high reputation of the teaching artists and the internationality of all participants, and its main aim is a wide variety of artistic production.
The participants can choose from various courses taking place at Summer Academy Salzburg between 21 July and 30 August 2014.
For more information about the courses for artists click here
Curators have the option to choose between three courses:
Anders Kreuger – Visual thinking for curators
21.07.2014 – 02.08.2014
Nancy Adajania – Curating the boundary condition: encounters with the outside
18.08.2014 – 27.08.2014
Jennifer Allen – The art of writing
25.08.2014 – 30.08.2014
For the selection of the eight fellows ERSTE Foundation forms a jury together with its project partners tranzit.cz, tranzit.hu, tranzit.ro and tranzit.sk.
The Fellowships for Curators and Artists at Salzburg Summer Academy
• are designed for artists and curators at the beginning of their career
• address candidates from Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovak Republic
• cover room and board, travel expenses and the participation fee for the course
• are worth between EUR 1.300,- and 1.800,- each, depending on the different length of courses for artists or curators
Information on accommodation possibilities you can find here
Applications have to include the following documents:
• Complete digital form with your contact information (name, address, e-mail, phone, website), information if you are applying as an artist or curator and which course you would choose.
Please use download link below!
• Brief informative curriculum vitae (max. 1 page)
• Portfolio (max. 10 MB) and/or website link
• Letter of intent explaining why you apply, what you expect from taking part in the course and why you think you are qualified for participation (max. 5000 letters)
Please send all documents as PDF (no .rar files!). Other formats cannot be accepted.
Applications are accepted only in English and by e-mail until: 27 April 2014
For further questions please contact Ms. Ines Gebetsroither / tranzit.at: email@example.com
tranzit is a network of non-profit civic associations working independently in Austria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and the Slovak Republic to strengthen the local art scenes and cultural activities. The network forms a platform which aims to inform all those who are active in the international art world about the developments of the contemporary art scenes in Central and Eastern Europe. Within the collective of autonomous local units each tranzit cooperates across various borderlines – between nations, languages, media, mentalities, histories and methods. For further information click here
In 2003, ERSTE Foundation evolved out of the Erste Oesterreichische Spar-Casse, the first Austrian savings bank. Currently, ERSTE Foundation is the main shareholder of Erste Group. The foundation invests part of its dividends in the development of societies in Austria and Central and South Eastern Europe. It supports social participation and civil-society engagement; it aims to bring people together and disseminate knowledge of the recent history of a region that has been undergoing dramatic changes since 1989. As an active foundation, it develops its own projects within the framework of three programmes: Social Development, Culture and Europe. For further information click here